WP-Optimize Premium is a revolutionary, all-in-one WordPress performance plugin that caches your site, cleans your database, compresses your images. This simple, popular and highly effective tool has everything you need to keep your website fast and thoroughly optimized! Help boost SEO, retain customers by reducing user bounce and do more with fewer server resources.
Features WP-Optimize Premium – Clean, Compress, Cache :
It does it in three clever ways:
- It allows you to clean and optimise your database.
- It gives you the option to compress your images.
- It allows you to cache your pages, for super fast load times (read more caching information below).
Extensive tests show the cache feature alone can make WordPress sites at least as fast as any other caching or speed plugin available and often faster. But when you combine the cache with the database optimization, image compression features and minify, the speed difference with alternative solutions is significant.
NEW: The built-in minify feature adds another layer of optimization, reducing the size and number of requests to your server.
1. CLEANS THE DATABASE
Your WordPress database stores everything that you need for your website – plus many things that you don’t. WP-Optimize Cache clears out all of this unnecessary data, cleans up your tables and even retrieves space lost to data fragmentation.
Mobile-friendly and incredibly simple to use, it:
- Removes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options
- Compacts/de-fragment MySQL tables with a button-press
- Detailed control of which optimizations you wish to carry out
- Carries out automatic weekly (or otherwise) clean-ups
- Retains a set number of weeks’ data during clean-ups
- Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries
- Automatically trigger a pre-optimize backup via UpdraftPlus
- Show database statistics and potential savings
Why is this important?
- The tables in MySQL (the database that WordPress uses) will, over time, become inefficient as data is added, removed, moved around. Asking MySQL to optimize its tables every now and again will keep your site running as fast as possible. It won’t happen by itself.
- Every-time you save a new post or pages, WordPress creates a revision of that post or page. If you edit a post 6 times you might have 5 copy of that post as revisions. This quickly adds lots of rarely-used data to your database tables, making them unnecessarily bloated, and slower to access.
- There might be thousands of spam and un-approved comments in your comments table, WP-Optimize Cache can clean and remove those in a single click.
- WP-Optimize Cache reports which database tables have overhead and wasted space to allow you to reduce them.
- Automatically cleans your database every week and respects the “Keep last [selected number] weeks data” option.
WP-OPTIMIZE CACHE HELPS YOU TO:
- Make space: When you edit a post or page on your website, WordPress automatically saves the new revision to the database. If you edit things a few times (and particularly if the post is long), your database soon gets clogged up with old revisions that just sit there, taking up valuable space. WP-Optimize Cache removes these unnecessary post revisions, freeing up valuable Megabytes of data and increasing speed and efficiency. It also cleans up your comments table, removing all the spam and un-approved comments that have built up with a single click.
- Take control: WP-Optimize Cache reports on exactly which of your database tables have overhead and wasted space, giving you the insight, control and power to keep your website neat, fast and efficient.
- Keep it clean and fast: Once enabled, WP-Optimize Cache can run an automatic clean-up on a schedule, keeping a selected number of weeks’ data, according to your specification.
2. COMPRESSES IMAGES
Loading large images is often the biggest culprit in slowing your site’s loading time.
WP-Optimize Cache has an image-compression tool that uses cutting-edge lossy compression techniques to convert large images (which take a long time to load up) into compressed files saved in your image library, where they can be uploaded in an instant.
It enables you to compress PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP and TIF pictures up to 5MB in size, and it’s packed with other useful features, including:
- Bulk compression, allowing you to compress multiple existing images at the same time.
- Intelligent, multi-pass lossy compression algorithm, which gives you twice the compression with much less loss of quality.
- ‘Restore Originals’ function, which allows you to retrieve or revert back to your original images at any point.
- Auto-compress function, which automatically compress images as they’re added to the site.
- EXIF Data-Keeping means image information is retained even once the image is compressed.
This WordPress plugin allows you to increase your page speed without compromising the image quality.
3. CACHES PAGES
Depending on your setup, page caching can be what makes the biggest difference to your website’s speed and performance.
Caching involves keeping dynamic data in a temporary storage area so that it can be retrieved in an instant. Caching is a sure-fire way to ensure that web pages load at lightning-fast speed.
Practically, our powerful yet simple cache feature generates the cache when a user visits any page or post on your site. WordPress processes the dynamic php files to generate that page, and we save it into a static html file in the cache folder, so that when the next user visits, the page is cached and doesn’t need processing. This caching results in a much faster loading time, and gives a slight break to your server. So caching increases speed and performance while reducing the server’s use of resources.
With minimal configuration, caching your site with WP-Optimize Cache is easy to do thanks to a load of useful features, including:
- Cache preloading to ensure the cache is always ready and loaded.
- Device-Specific cache to ensure the optimized page version is always served.
- Advanced cache exclusion rules, so that you can cache almost anything by excluding logged in users, specific URLs or cookies.
- Browser Cache to instruct client browsers to reuse cached resources (HTML, CSS, JS, images) if no changes were made since the last request.
On top of its three main features, WP-Optimize Cache also has the more advanced minification feature. Combining and minifying your site’s assets will reduce the number of requests to your server (by combining them) and reduce their size (by minifying their content).
Together with caching and Gzip compression, this will improve the performance and time to “first contentful paint”.
Multisite Support: extends database optimisations so they function for multiple WordPress sites at a time. If you manage more than one website, you will need WP-Optimize Cache Premium.
Flexibility and Control: gives you the power to optimize select individual tables or a particular combination of tables on one or more WordPress websites, rather than having to optimize all database tables.
Deleting unused and unwanted images: removes orphaned images from your WordPress site, plus images of a certain, pre-defined size.
Sophisticated Scheduling: offers a wide range of options for scheduling automatic optimization. Specify an exact time and run clean-ups daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly and perform any number of additional once off optimizations.
Seamless Graphical User Interface: for superb clarity in scheduling and managing of multi-site optimizations.
WP-CLI support: provides a way to manage optimizations from command-line interface if you have lots of sites
Lazy Loading: load only the images and part of a web-page when it is visible to the user so they can see something very quickly.
Optimization Preview: gives users the ability to preview, select and remove data and records available for optimization from the database.
Preload key requests: preload assets such as web fonts and icon fonts, as recommended by Google PageSpeed Insights.
Premium support – caching is one of the most complex things you can do for a website, so premium support offers you peace of mind there’s someone to talk quickly to if you need any technical answers or help configuring the optimizations of cache settings for your website.